Position Title: Development Associate
Reports to: VP of Development
Position Status: Permanent
Location: Remote, but able to occasionally travel to an All Our Kin office in CT or NY Target Start Date: November 2021
Salary Range: $50k-$76k, depending on experience and location
About All Our Kin
All Our Kin is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that trains, supports, and sustains family child care educators to ensure that children and families have the foundations they need to succeed in school and in life. At All Our Kin, we support family child care educators at every stage of their development – from parents and caregivers to professional educators and business owners – using a strength-based, high-touch approach. Through our programs, family child care providers succeed as early childhood educators and small business owners; parents have access to high-quality, affordable child care, making it possible for them to enter into and remain within the workforce; and infants and toddlers gain the enriching experiences that prepare them to succeed in school and in life. All Our Kin is recognized as a national model, and has been proven through studies to raise the quality, availability, and sustainability of family child care.
All Our Kin first opened its doors in a housing development in New Haven, Connecticut in 1999. Today, we serve over 1,000 family child care educators with networks representing five Connecticut cities and New York City, in addition to the surrounding communities.
All Our Kin recognizes that diversity and opportunity are fundamental to children's lives and to our work, and we seek to build a team that reflects the diversity we celebrate in our nation and community. We welcome and encourage all qualified applicants who share our vision, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our work and this mission. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position, and we do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law.
What You Will Do
● Support the fundraising functions of the development
○ Develop and sustain relationships with individual donors
○ Ensure timely and accurate acknowledgement of all
○ Support stewardship plan for All Our Kin funders, including
individuals, board members, foundations, corporations, and
○ Conduct individual prospect research and outreach strategies
○ Compile and disseminate materials for donors, All Our Kin Board members, and other stakeholders as needed
○ In coordination with the VP of Development, create cultivation plans for All Our Kin major donors and Board members
○ Assist in the planning, development, and execution of cultivation and fundraising events ○ Support Development Operations Manager with donor database management (Blackbaud RE NXT) ○ Provide support for fundraising activities (compiling attachments for proposals, assisting with mailings, etc.)
Who You Are
● Hold deep beliefs in and commitments to
○ Making high-quality early care and education available to all children
○ Combating systemic racism and injustice
○ All Our Kin’s values and model
● Experienced and able to
○ Build relationships with diverse stakeholders
○ Communicate effectively across a variety of platforms
○ Set priorities and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment ○ Operate various computer systems and willing to use new technology
○ Offer, receive, and respond to regular feedback
● Eager to
○ Learn about fundraising within the context of a nationally
recognized, growing nonprofit
○ Build organizational and project management skills
○ Contribute to All Our Kin’s fundraising efforts at a particularly
crucial moment, as the organization presses forward with
supporting educators through COVID-19 and beyond, and an
ambitious strategic growth plan
What You Can Expect
All Our Kin is an innovative, high-impact organization that empowers a growing number of family child care providers, children, and families to succeed. As we scale All Our Kin’s reach, we strive to maintain the collaborative, values-centered environment that is our hallmark and to continually invest in the backbone of our organization: our talented, mission-driven team. All Our Kin is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes that diversity and opportunity are fundamental to children’s lives and to our work.
Some of the benefits we offer to our staff members include, but are not limited to: ● Competitive salary
● Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
● Vacation time- Four weeks paid annual vacation as well as federal holidays and a December holiday (typically December 24 – January 1)
● Retirement Plan- All Our Kin offers a 403(b) plan
All Our Kin is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes that diversity and opportunity are fundamental to children’s lives and to our work. We offer competitive salary and benefits, a flexible schedule, and the opportunity to work with a team of skilled, motivated, and committed professionals. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all of our team members are currently working remotely.
AOK complies with all CDC, OEC and ADA COVID guidelines and recommendations for educators, children, families and employees. Masks are required. COVID 19 Vaccination or approved exemption and exemption protocol is required for all new hires before a start date. Please feel free to contact the People Development and Equity Department if you have any questions.